Jones Metal’s Versatile Aluminum Heat Treatment Unit
Customers in the aerospace and defense industries turn to Jones Metal Products for treatment of aluminum parts, as do commercial customers with exacting specifications for aluminum heat treatment. We understand that quality and turn-around are paramount and provide the same excellent results for every order.
Accreditations: accredited by NADCAP, ISO 9001:2008 (without design), AS9 100:2009, and is ITAR registered. The unit is also recognized by the Federal Aviation Authority for following the protocols of the Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program.
Customer Approvals: customer approvals for aluminum heat treatment include Goodrich, Gentz, Honeywell Grimes (Approved Supplier List), Lockheed Martin, Parker Hannafin, Pratt Whitney (by part),and Rolls Royce.
Kinds of Parts We Process: wrought aluminum sheets, plates, parts, some forgings, and investment castings.
Treatments We Offer: aging, air quenching, hot and cold water quenching, glycol quenching, partial and full annealing, hardening, solution treatment, and stress relieving.
Tests We Perform: hardness and electrical conductivity.
Special Handling to Meet Your Specifications:
- We have expertise with many aluminum alloys used in the aerospace and defense markets, including aluminum alloys 2014, 2024, 6013, 6061, and 7075, and investment casting alloys 355, 356, and 357.
- We will pack and send parts on dry ice to preserve “W” or soft condition.
- We will provide precise temperatures and processes to achieve the aluminum alloy temper you specify.
- We will remove parts from packing fixtures for conductivity testing and re-apply fixtures before shipping parts back to the customer.
- We will meet your delivery dates. Our track record for on-time delivery is an exemplary 99 percent. If your facility is located in the Canton, Akron, or Cleveland area, we offer pick-up and delivery service.
Processing Equipment: Operated with attention to precise temperatures and timing to meet your specifications and high standards.
- Recco Drop Bottom Furnaces with Quench and Rinse Tanks
- 8 feet Long, to 1010 degrees F, 900 lb. load
- 6 feet Long, to 1010 degrees F., 900 lb. load
- Wisconsin Aging Oven: 17 feet long, up to 800 degrees F.
- Grieve Aging Oven: 8 feet Long, up to 350 degrees F.
- Cincinnati Sub Zero Freezer: 5 feet Long, -10 degrees F.
- Wilson Rockwell Series B2000 Hardness Tester
- 2 mobile conductivity meters: SigmaCheck Ether NDE and Verimet M4900C
For precision treatment of aluminum parts and dependable delivery, count on the people who do heat treating right. We also offer vacuum heat treating services and heat treating for aluminum investment castings. Call us today at 888-868-6535 to speak with an expert.
HOW CAN WE HELP? 888-868-6535